View Single Post
Old 06-16-2018, 07:18 AM   #24
Reaper85

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by blake-b View Post
As if I needed a reason to spend more money....

I ordered 20' of red 1/0 welding cable, 3' of black 1/0 cable, ends, and new connectors to add to my car next weekend. New battery, new alternator, new trunk ground, and, eventually a new starter motor cable. I have to remove a turbo to get to the starter so Ill wait on the starter until there is a need to remove the passenger side turbo.

If I can get the alternator listed in black, I'll add it too.

Anyone know the size of the factory battery cable? If it will fit in the new battery terminals (I got the kind that will accept (1) 1/0, (1) 4g, and (2) 8g wires at the same time) I will just run factory and the new wires. I read on a couple of sites (and in the ad for the high amp alternator) to leave the factory cables and run new ones along them as well. The electricity takes the path of least resistance.
I'm pretty sure its 4ga. When I head out today I'll double check. That's why I recommended the upgrade. Trying to run more than 1k threw that little cable and your going to burn shit up.

Even when I put a little stereo in my fiance's car (600 rms) I upgraded all the power and ground. The difference in temperature for the amp alone is unreal.

Everyone should think of cable as supporting mods. Can't just throw 20 psi at a stock ls3 and think it'll never brake. Same thing with audio. Look at those massive builds online 4 or 5 alts 20 batteries 10 runs of power and ground. You need power to make power
Reaper85 is offline   Reply With Quote