View Single Post
Old 11-01-2018, 03:09 PM   #19
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe M 2012 2SS View Post
When I was not using nitrous, I was able to get low 1.7X 60' times flashing the converter. I never got better than a 1.8X foot braking it. This is with a Circle D 3200 TC. It flashes to 3300 rpm, but with a footbrake, I can only get to around 2600 rpm before the car overrides the rear brakes.

Be advised though, the stock rear end on our cars is definitely not designed for hard launches. If you haven't already, I'd upgrade the toe links and trailing arms at the very least.

After nitrous, I am able to cut 1.5X 60' times, and I upgraded the stock posi with an Eaton True-trac and still broke a CV joint on a stock rear axle. DSS 1000HP axles are going in now. I just hope the stock driveshaft doesn't go next, but if it does I'll upgrade it too.

Eventually you will wear out the stock clutch packs in the differential, and your car will do 1 wheel burnouts, you can either get an upgraded clutch pack kit for around $200 or a True-trac for $600. I went with the TT because it has no clutch packs to wear out and it's good up to 1000 hp, about double what my car makes now. The car launches dead straight with the TT.

I also aired up the front tires to 45 psi instead of the normal 34-35 psi I use on the street in the 20" front tires after the 3200 stall was put in. This helped the car to squat better and hook up more consistently on the launch.

I'm just curious how Frank's gas ended up pooling in the cold air intake tube causing the explosion out of the filter, it obviously didn't damage the car too bad, as he stated he patched it up, and then proceeded to run the best time the car has ever ran.

The main thing though is that he is OK and no one got hurt.
I really appreciate the knowledge. I have the Circle D 3200 stall as well. I will be doing the rear trailering arms and toelinks over the winter. Ya Franks good to go. Nothing to bad and no injuries thats good.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote