View Single Post
Old 11-06-2018, 12:35 PM   #22
acammer
GPI Sales Consultant

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodBoss View Post
No I do not use a window switch, I like the Nitrous to come on at the hit off the line. RPMs are rising at that point and starting at 1500 rpms rather than 500 rpms at idle. I made a couple runs after that without a problem but no more burnouts with Nitrous I have been using this ZEX systems for two years now at the track. I have slowly incremented up from a 100HP - 150HP shot. Hopefully I get to make a few more runs in before the weather gets cold and it goes under "The Knife" for a new cam. Then I will drop back to 100 HP shot before going back to a 150 shot.
To each his own, but I wouldn't dream of running a nitrous kit without a window switch and a fuel pressure switch at a minimum for safeties. You incident reinforces why. What happens when you break and you spray deep into the limiter? What happens if the fuel pump packs it in on the back half? And the 6L80 doesn't have a stellar reputation, I dunno if I'd be spraying through the shifts with a stock one.

You've obviously had good success with your setup, proof that you don't need those additional safety margins. In my mind, the potential to be bitten in the ass greatly outweighs the cost.
GPI Max Package 2.0: Brodix BR7 heads/GPI porting, MAX3 cam, ST2116LSR, BSR Max Lift rockers, LS7 LSXR with 103mm TB, Vararam OTR, Mcleod RXT, G-Force/Strange 9" IRS setup with 4.63 gear. 551whp, 11.1@124mph.
Got a question about a GPI product? Feel free to shoot me a message!
acammer is offline   Reply With Quote