View Single Post
Old 11-06-2018, 02:05 PM   #24
acammer
GPI Sales Consultant

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodBoss View Post
I'll have to think about, initially I though that a fuel pressure switch may be good but Nitrous without fuel isn't flammable. Have you seen an instance where someone lost all their fuel and they had a problem? Spraying during shifting has been pretty good really, it bangs gears pretty good.
It's far more likely that you would lose some fuel pressure, lean out, and hurt the motor.

Spraying through the shifts is definitely faster - and with a good trans tune it'll probably take a good bit of that - totally a "your choice" kind of deal.

But man, a window switch, to at the very least keep shut the spray off before the limiter in the event of a driveline failure, seems like a no brainer - especially for somebody that runs as much as you do. It would also save you in the event that you do get something wrong and somehow get the car WOT at too low of an rpm - you've seen how that can work out.
You've said you know your drive-line may be on borrowed time - I wouldn't ask for any more trouble and keep it "safe". Just my two cents, something to think about.
GPI Max Package 2.0: Brodix BR7 heads/GPI porting, MAX3 cam, ST2116LSR, BSR Max Lift rockers, LS7 LSXR with 103mm TB, Vararam OTR, Mcleod RXT, G-Force/Strange 9" IRS setup with 4.63 gear. 551whp, 11.1@124mph.
Got a question about a GPI product? Feel free to shoot me a message!
acammer is offline   Reply With Quote