View Single Post
Old 11-06-2018, 06:01 PM   #28
Joe M 2012 2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodBoss View Post
Joe, did you get any runs in this past Sunday with the new axles in? I got your phone message, thanks man, I just been balls to the wall with firewood deliveries the past week with no end in sight so I must have been out of the truck stacking or loading. I'll take that extra axle off your hands as a spare, thanks. I picked up an LPW Differential Cover to beef up the rear and hopefully keep things together a little longer as It's probably living on borrowed time with this setup. Time to change the fluid soon anyway.
Yes I got a couple passes in on Sunday. I was shocked at the results. Prior best was a 1.56 60' and 7.42 ET. After the new 1/2 shafts it cut a 1.48 60' and ran 7.27.

I figured you were busy working, you had a lot of wood to cut up last time I stopped by. Next time I'm up that way I'll drop off the good one (driver's side), maybe hide it under the grill like I did last time?

The second pass was a little slower ET @ 7.3, but the 60' was the same 1.48.
DA was 1000 on 1st pass, and I suppose a little higher on 2nd pass. How do you get 1.5 tenths from axles? I don't have a clue. But I'll take it!!!!

I did fall asleep at the light though. Worst reaction time I can recall having!

The Zex kit we both use will not send nitrous through if the amount of fuel isn't adequate. It immediately shuts nitrous off. On my first pass with it I had less than a 1/4tank of gas, the same way I ran N/A to save weight, the car didn't get enough gas through the Schrader valve and the nitrous never came on, they designed it this way so you cant run lean. I made a pass a few months later after making several passes, and had a little over a 1/4 tank, just past the 330' mark the nitrous cut off. I make sure I have at least 1/2 tank in the car now to be sure it's getting enough fuel. This is a great feature of the Zex kit that prevents you from running lean.
Attached Images

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles.

Last edited by Joe M 2012 2SS; 11-06-2018 at 06:20 PM.
Joe M 2012 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote