Thread: G5.R
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2014, 01:51 PM   #531
Moreno1

Drives: G5.R
Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
Doesn't a SEMA reveal kind of lessen the effect now? The 6th gen should be released and possibly shipping by then. Most people will be far more interested in the '16 than another 5th gen. Even if it is unlike any other one they have ever seen.
Makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burt View Post
I just stumbled across this thread, and I have to say I'm floored. The level of craftsmanship, and the attention to detail are second to none. Assuming you have this at SEMA next year, it could be right beside a next gen SS and I'd still want to look at it. Keep it up, this is an incredible build.
Thanks Bud!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sick_eg View Post
Wait, so you won't be releasing the z/28 parts many of us have been waiting for for over 6 months? I understand the need to be unique, but some of us have been strung along saying that prices were going to be released any day for weeks in a row. At the very least, you could have updated the G5R thread in the sponsors marketplace.

I see a lot of people who were going to purchase these parts going after the OEM versions instead. I will still enjoy this build and respect what you brothers have done thus far, but I think this was a poor business decision on G5R's part.
Hey 1sick_eg, I was referring to the flares, rockers and front splitter. We are going to release the spoiler which I know you were interested in. We are also releasing the Z/28 rear diffuser. These parts are on the "Spring Edition" so they aren't exclusive to the Z/28.

Keep in mind we are just enthusiast like you. Another words most of what we do is just to help the community out. The only reason it has made any sense to bring any of these parts to market is because we are already doing them for G5R. We aren't doing this as a business as financially it would make sense. Just to give you an idea, we had only two 1LE guys get anything CF. As you can see it's a very small market!