View Single Post
Old 01-18-2015, 04:52 PM   #9
scandata

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS vert, Spring Green Edtn
Thanks for the detailed reply!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe M 2012 2SS View Post
From the pic it doesn't look like it's through the clear, I'd clay they area all around it, wipe down with IPA to remove any wax/sealant left, and then use a DA (I'm assuming you have one) with a microfiber cutting pad.
"IPA"? Is that something like all-purpose cleaner? Certainly you don't mean India Pale Ale! Seriously, I'll use something to de-wax the area.
I do have a DA, I just need to order some 4" pads (I already have the 3" backing plate). Do I need to change the counterweight for that, or will the 5" weight be sufficient?

Quote:
The biggest thing is to figure out what caused it, so you won't do it again.
You mentioned you bought a grit guard, did you get just one? If so you'll want another for the rinse bucket as well.
At the time I was just using one in the rinse bucket, but I've since bought a second one.

Quote:
Inspect your mitt/wash pad thoroughly prior to using, and after rinsing to make sure you have no debris on it. When using it do not apply a lot of pressure to the paint, just glide it slowly across, rinsing it often.
That's another thing - right now I'm using a mitt I picked up from a local auto parts store. I'm going to order a couple of name brand ones (everyone seems to like the Incredi-mitt; I'll probably go with that).

Quote:
I see you have a convertible, I would use a different mitt/wash pad for the paint then what I use on the top, as loose impediments can gather easily on convertible tops.
I have a brush from Adams that I use solely for the top, so I'm covered there.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v692/scandata/sigpic_zpsxmxmbipg.jpg
scandata is offline   Reply With Quote