View Single Post
Old 05-19-2011, 03:47 PM   #9
nukemustang

Drives: 2017 Raptor, 2017 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CooG View Post
Mine picked up a significant rattle yesterday on the way home. Sounds like its coming behind the driver' right, back over the rear seat. Haven't looked around back there yet, but will this afternoon. Only happens when the top is up.

Also, since day 1, my driver's side window squeeks where it meets the weatherstripping on the top. Thought it would go away after the foam "broke in" a little, but it hasn't.

Check the "bump stops." there are two, one on either side of the car an it seems that is what provides tension on the convertible frame when it is up (i.e. so it is not pulling directly on the deck lid). I could push down on the vert top near the back and it would be just springy enough to come back and hit the bump stop, causing a rattling. I adjusted it one turn (further down) to add just a bit more tension and mine stopped. you should be able to see them with the vert top in a mid position, looks like a plastic cone on a threaded screw. I am sure as the weather changes significantly those may need to be adjusted to accommodate for the heating and stretching of the top.

hope this helps... I can take pictures later if needed.

Tim

SOLD:2016 2SS Red Hot Convertible with black metallic rally stripes
SOLD:2011 Silver Ice Metallic 1SS/RS Convertible. Completed modifications: installed factory HUD, deleted AFM/DOD, Dynatech LT coated headers with high flow cats, Solo Cat back exhaust, CAI inc. intake, Vmax ported TB, SIM quarter flares/splash guards, steering wheel radio controls, PDIM iPod interface in center console, RX catch can, JRE cold air scoop, windshield washer bottle relocation.
nukemustang is offline   Reply With Quote