View Single Post
Old 08-05-2014, 08:26 AM   #21
Kelly@PCMofNC

Drives: 2010 RS/SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by donnyv View Post
hey guys im new to the forum and all but just wanted to bounce what i plan on doing and seeing what people think. ok so im planning on rebuilding my block and stroking it with TSP's 416/418 rotating assembly with the compstar crank and compstar h-beam rods. Wiesco 4.07" bore -3 cc flat tops. also plan on getting GMPP ls3 cnc'd heads. i am keeping the current cam i have now as well as valves and pushrods.

current cam is Comp Cam:
valve lift: .620 intake/.612 exhaust
dur @ tappet lift: 285 intake/293 exhaust
dur @ lobe lift: 235 intake/244 exhaust
LSA: 112.0

i have dual valve spring and hardened pushrods already so dont see a reason to replace them. i am currently making 481 wrhp and 432 wrtq. is it unreasonable to expect to get to 550wrhp with a calculated 11.2:1 compression ratio with this build? thanks for any input guys!
I would definitely change the cam to take up for the extra displacement. We offer custom cams and cam specs if you need suggestions - we do a ton of them! Don't count on keeping the same pushrods; depending on the heads/cam you may end up needing something shorter or longer so be sure to measure. Should be a nice set up!
Kelly@PCMofNC is offline   Reply With Quote