Thread: 4.10 gears
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2019, 10:17 AM   #15
bkevind

Drives: 2013 2SS RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by alice View Post
I know what you mean. I have built muscle cars all my life, I'm 71 yrs old and old school and I know what muscle is. From my experience, as a general rule, you can apply the same things I applied to my V6, to your V8 and still get great and satisfying results. All of my past builds, no matter V6 or V8, would include higher stall converters, higher ratio gear sets as first implemented modifications for my customers. That sets a baseline for anything else one may want to do. The quickest and cheapest ways to seat of the pants improvements. Most other mods are more incremental when compared to these two. So, I might suggest you consider this thinking. Again, everyone has an opinion but this is mine. I have owned some very, very fast street cars in my life. Of course, don't rule out FI of any kind. It's a killer mod but expensive. Hope this helps you in your decision making. Have fun!!!
Can't argue with real experience! I'm getting there at 43

For road course, power is the last thing. Mechanical grip is where it's at, and adding lightness is next. Lap times drop the most with those two. Of course you need other things to be up to the job - such as brakes. Good brakes, kept cool as possible (ducting) for reliable braking under extreme conditions. I don't want another 2 lap special like my last half ass build. haha.
Forgestar CF-5 19x11
bkevind is offline   Reply With Quote