View Single Post
Old 11-04-2010, 05:31 PM   #9
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
Okay - I'll come right out and admit these two companies are in my top five vendors in our Community. I'm SUPER-happy that I've seen GMPP licensing for both of them and I'm confused:

Does GMPP actually license more than one company like this? I mean, I haven't noticed this in the past, so I'm just confused. Is Pfadt strickly listed under "racing" and Pedders for "enthusiast/street"? I'm just lost.

I've very excited to see these developments for two vendors who participate here so much and go out of their way to educate Members like my
Well, I can certainly see why would would have questions about it. Seemingly, you would think that developing strategic relationships in business you would start to align with specific groups of companies that work well together (and therefore not work with competitors). The benefit here is that GM is big enough to be able to call the shots when it comes to what they want.

Companies with GMs expertise and stature do not have to necessarily be exclusive with licensing products; they recognize that many companies can play strategic roles in projects they work on (even if they are competitors on a couple of products).

GMPP is an important part of GMs overall branding and marketing, as well as being a successful catalogue for customers to turn to for build parts. So in our circumstance, we were thrilled when GM called us to involve us on every aspect of the suspension in the SSX project. They conveyed to us that it was important that they put their best foot forward and offer a complete, engineered and developed package for racing. The fact that they were targeting a Camaro AND Corvette project for SEMA played well into highlighting our components as we have been racing similar set ups for quite some time. This is in addition to all of our engineering and development being done in the United States in-house. This was important due to this not being a one-off component being installed, rather it was a comprehensive array of upgrades for GMPP licensing that need to work together.

How other manufactures develop their own relationship with GMPP is beyond us, as we can only speak for our own experience. The point is that they know there is a time and place to work with strategic partners on projects where the best aspects of said companies will be highlighted.

We have nothing but the utmost gratitude for Dr. Jamie Meyer and everyone at GMPP for involving us on these FANTASTIC builds.

As many of you said before, the customer is the real winner in all of this.
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote