View Single Post
Old 03-23-2018, 02:22 PM   #68
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboyblues2001 View Post
Agreed. Cadillac's announcement said that the new engine will be hand built. More argument for it to be built in Bowling Green. But if there were a 5.5L version of the engine, wouldn't it be produced along side the 4.2 for efficiency? I am not sure about that, but it makes sense to a layperson like me. If there were a new 5.5L DHOC TT engine, it would probably be low volume as well.
Yes. That is really my point. The 4.2TT is at Bowling Green because the low volume, hand- built facility is at Bowling Green.

The low volume build is at Bowling Green because GM thought it would be cool to let Corvette Z06 and ZR1 buyers participate in building their own engines. Started that at Wixom, but BG made more sense since the car was being built there. So when it came time to replace Wixom and add another low volume engine....there ya go...put it in BG rather than set up separate low volume build centers.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote