View Single Post
Old 03-15-2010, 02:36 PM   #645
Dunk31
Instigator

Drives: 93 Z28, 70 Chevelle SS 97 Expo
Location: Kandahar, Afghanistan/St. Louis will always be home though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VASCAR2 View Post
I live near the Illinois/Indiana border about 40 miles north of I 64 in a rural area no one would recognize. My area seems to miss a lot of the heavier snow and I can use a Camaro as a daily driver. I also have a 2nd Camaro, a 1994 V6 with 5 spd manual that I can drive if if the weather or roads are bad. I'd probably have a couple more Camaros if I could afford them.
So you're on the other side of the state. When I drive back and forth from Virginia I take 64 untill I hit 255. Of the 16 hour drive I spend about 14 of it on 64.

I think I'd like to have a second as a daily drive, but my dad always talks about all these muscle cars of his era he owned and regrets getting rid of each and every one of them. So in a sense this is the muscle of my era for me. And I want to make sure I keep it forever. I will own other Camaro's as long as they keep producing them, but this is the one that will stick with me.
I have my 93 Z-28 and will have my new SS, (I used to own a 94 Firebird too, the V6, but it was an auto. It was a fun little car when I was in my teen years.) but my dad's back home finishing up the 70 Chevelle SS and is starting to bug me about another father/son project. We went original on the Chevelle. I told him I'd do a 68 or 69 Camaro, but it would be my way. All updated technology, a big block, basically a SMC, just something outrageous...lol I'm looking forward to it, he's been online looking for a straight car for us. But that's a chore in it's self.