View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 04:47 PM   #12
Asian Zero

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro 1LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ec1990 View Post
I tapped mine into the driver's side down near the dead panel. Gray wire, check this thread

This sets it up to come on anytime ambient interior lighting is on (night/darkness), is dimmable with the switch on the dash, or when the driver's door is opened after parked.

To switch it manually I bought a single pole switch from Radioshack like this took the grounding wire, cut it run one half to one pole. Then from the other pole back to the original grounding spot. That way I leave it on, but if I'm driving at night and want it off it's just a simple switch.
I think there is a little bit of confusion here. I want to be able to turn the lights ON when im driving not turn them OFF. From my understanding if i have it connected to the dome light the footwells will only come on when the dome light is on. so having a switch at the grounded end will allow me to turn off the footwells while the dome light is on. I wont the reverse where i can turn on my footwells even with my dome light off.

Found this thread which helped alot:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150945

But im still looking for a better way to do it. I already have a add-a-circuit in my fuse box for my exterior lights so i dont want a hundred extra wires coming out of there. Ricardo from phastek was talking about using a diode to prevent back feed but im not exactly sure how to wire a system like that. anyone help me out?
Asian Zero is offline   Reply With Quote