View Single Post
Old 02-26-2015, 10:14 PM   #56
ZiG

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
I have been hesitant to reply due to market place correctness. In the example you mention, understeer will be increased. Many suspension companies brought out similar bar sets and then began to revise them for improved performance. I have been a big rear / smaller front bar guy since day one for the Camaro with our first bar sets 27mm front and 32mm rear. Why? Because it worked.

Suspension tuning is a zero sum game. Better handling through higher damping, sway bar or spring rates has a corresponding drop in ride comfort. If we are not changing the tire contact patch to improve handling we are in a zero sum game with total traction. In an automobile like a Camaro with heavy understeer properties, where the rear IRS is superior to the virtual pivot front, to reduce understeer we do what we can to increase front grip and also reduce rear grip.
Heh, fair enough. I was a little tired while writing that, re-reading it now is kind of embarrassing. But I get what you're saying about it being zero sum. I suppose I was likening it too much to my R/C touring car racing days. Lots of similarities, but still not exactly the same. Anyway, thanks for the reply. Much appreciated.
ZiG is offline   Reply With Quote