View Single Post
Old 04-19-2018, 11:53 AM   #9
ZEDL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Triple Black, 2015 2LT/RS
Amazing story SEEGEER. I fell in love with the Camaro in general and what I'd later in life learn was a 2nd Gen when I saw my first Camaro, a 1970, driving down a street in our small town in Ontario, Canada where we then lived. I'd have been around your same age of 8 or 9, but that was in the early summer of 1970...
I own 2 5th Gens, and have recently started my search for a 70 - 73, preferably a Z28, preferably a survivor. Still looking, but I'm patient.
I can only imagine the feeling that you now have after finding yours.
I'll be following your build thread with much interest, and some optimistic jealousy!

Quick thoughts from my older memory - the bumper fangs on the front of your car are a sign pointing to a Z28. The A/C however was not offered on a factory Z until 1973. That said, it could have been added after purchase, even with a factory appearance, or my memory might be wrong...
Finding a period correct engine would be cool. If not, have a look at the new ZZ6 crate engine offered by Chevy. Very impressive numbers, and very strong internals.
It's got my attention as an option.
All the best with your build. It will be very impressive. Also, you have a great wife to offer such support.