View Single Post
Old 04-20-2013, 08:41 AM   #63
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris632 View Post
i would say this is what GM wants for the redesign and the z28 - hype

I was close to buying a Mustang 5.0 with brembos and 3.73 rear end last summer but held off thinking that GM might do something big that i would want. Well they did. Problem is now that big was beyond what i was willing to spend.

So now i may be back to the Mustang v SS 1LE again.

I really thought GM had a market in the 40-50k range but it seems like they wanted another top dollar Camaro.
Apparently, a 1LE out-tracks a BOSS and gives fits/exceeds the BOSS LS...let alone a Track Pack GT of similar pricing to the 1LE.

Wanna spend $40-ish, and wanna have the quickest way around VIR? 1LE.

Wanna spend under-$50 for the same car with a SEMA Show attached? Good Luck with that...

BTW, the "true believers", here, would like to think they had some input into the realization of the Z/28. Most of us are older folk, with decent discretionary income. Not saddled with student loans 'n such. Empty nesters...and, therefore sometimes, empty garagers...

The "true Beliebers"? The Z/28 is NOT Justin time...

Before the "Old Timers" disease sets in, we'd like to maintain some of our dillusional thinking: The older I get, the faster I was...and...an LS7'd Gen-5 Camaro WILL arrive, just you wait 'n see!
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote