View Single Post
Old 09-08-2008, 11:02 AM   #5
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by IROCZJEFF View Post
By now everyone on this forum has the information from GM that they will not be manufacturing a 2010 Z/28 Camaro. "FACT" Many forum members are still holding out for the almighty Super Charged Z/28. "I was one of these people" The "FACT" is it is not going to come out with a blower. The Z/28 in 1969 was built to compete in Trans Am racing."FACT" The best shot of getting a Z/28 back is to trace it to it's roots. The LS3 power plant is a good motor so how do you make power out of a motor/platform that is good to start with? REDUCE WEIGHT! Build a 2011 Camaro Z/28 with the thoughts of racing, make the car light as can be. My thoughts are to have a 1LE type package but with over the counter parts through GM avalible such as factory header, exhaust, special ground cams, etc... This car would be stripped of comfort features like leather,power windows,air conditioning etc... Have the car come in at around 3,000 to 3,200 LBS. With bolt on parts as I described above this would indeed be the car to own and it would be cheeaper than a super charged Z/28. This car would be faster and lighter than a super charged car hands down! The Shelby is a pig! Check out the power to weight ratio. Look at the new Challenger's power to weight ratio. Pig! My friends the Z/28 can be built cheaper and lighter! Let start to think forward instead of backwards! Jeff
Do you work for GM and are you on the Camaro project?

(Respectfully) ... If the answer is no, then you can't state anything for FACT because just like the folks at GM, we know things CAN change.

I'm not disagreeing w/ thinking making lighter is better or anything else (try B4C for example...didn't think it was going to happen and we are now getting the police package). The only problem I have is when people try to state things for FACT when the truth of the matter is, we haven't gotten there yet and anything is still possible. I have been told by numerous sources (folks who have the ties AND folks who have seen the BLOWER ON TOP OF THE MOTOR) and I WILL NOT say it's not going to happen FOR FACT.

Now, if you want to build your own race car, go for it. For the mean time, GM is going to build what will sell and be profitable for GM to stay alive and maybe turn a profit.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote