View Single Post
Old 12-12-2011, 02:24 PM   #1269
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Russ, Owen, Jay and all the Great H-Town Folks,

Getting out of the office and in the shop with customers is the best part of my position. Every thing was great at ARD , with the exception of Whitney. It took two days before she showed me any love. Strange. The Kindest, smartest most beautiful women in the world all love me. Deb, Ljubica, Anica and Danica

We did learn a few things as we played with Whitney. Since Whitney was delivered she has gained a few pounds with a new block, blower and assorted tanks up front. You gotta love women with bolt-ons up front I am taking an educated guess there is an extra 125 pounds up front with fluids and hardware. That extra weight had the old front lowering coils begging for mercy. The new 8kg coils on the Supercars felt great. We may do a little coil tuning and bump of the front coil rate, but we want to get some miles on before we do that.

To keep Whitney on the straight and narrow we aligned to these specs.

Front
Caster L 6.7 R 7.7
Camber -.7
Toe ZERO

Rear
Camber ZERO
Toe IN -.17

These specs will give Russ a crisp launch off the line while providing a more responsive steering feel with excellent tire wear... unless Owen is melting his rears for 400' We set his sways rear full hard and front full soft. At the strip, pulling one endlink ball stud out of the front sway bar end will allow better weight transfer.

Whitney loves her shoes. They are custom color designer special edition by some Italian guy... Tortelini I think is the name Owen gave me. Russ was very unhappy with Whitney's ride quality on the Tortelini wheels. We went with baseline damper settings of 15 for bound and rebound at all four corners. We got lucky with a much improved ride quality. At the strip Russ with play with Whitney's knobs and set her too 28 hard bound and 2 soft rebound up front. In the rear it will be 15 hard bound and 28 hard rebound to start. Russ, Owen and Jay will need a number of runs to sort through the setting to find the optimized setup. It is a terrible job, but some one has to do it.

It was a real pleasure working with Owen and Jay. They are top notch. Russ is awesome. He bought me lunch and dinner and is as car crazy as I am. We talked watches almost as much as cars. See if you can find one of these through your connections ;-)

http://www.chrono24.com/en/brm/r-50-...-id1297029.htm. Wait I found them here. http://www.super-replica-watches.com...tch-p-486.html That will save us $39,600 with shipping
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote