Thread: 1997 Camaro SS
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2018, 09:29 PM   #14
VChula
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 1996 Z28 SS & 2014 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96SS390 View Post
Wow the car looks amazing for having that kind of mileage. I noted the 2OTL what other options did the car come with?

Mine was a Bright Red Non D-82 T-Top car. It had every SLP option except the oil cooler and lubricants package. Miss the little LT1 they are torquey cars and the 2OTL sounds amazing. What I missed most probably is the Bose stereo system. It was probably the best stock sound system I have every heard especially for the time period.
Mine has every SLP option minus the oil cooler and extra set of Wheels with BF Goodrich R1 tires. In fact, it also has every Camaro Z28 option minus the rear floor mats (Automatic transmission was standard that year, but I have the no cost optional M6).

As for the stereo, I agree with you about the sound. I recently spent $300 the have the original radio head unit remanufactured.

I also concur about the 2OTL equipped cars having a nice exhaust note and feel that it sounds way better than my ZL1. It is fairly quiet while cruising in 6th gear on the highway but really roars during high speed acceleration.
1996 Camaro Z28 SS #1688
2014 Camaro ZL1 Coupe #1956
VChula is offline   Reply With Quote