View Single Post
Old 06-30-2013, 06:27 PM   #43
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synner View Post
I consider it unlikely vendors will come out with a 1LE specific spring since most track focused builds will go to coilovers anyways. I'd look at stiffer minimal drop single rate springs as a compromise, I don't like variable rate for any kind of track duty.
Agreed.

I'll suggest progressives when lowering and ride quality is identified as a priority over hardcore handling (as appears to be the situation in Criag's case), and dual-rate springs don't have to be bad if the only reason for the soft rate is to keep the springs from falling out of the perches at full droop (and the closely spaced coils remain closed up over most of the operating range of spring length).

Too bad that linear rate "big" springs with minimal 'drop' are only a little more common than hen's teeth. But if you can find linear "lowering" springs of acceptable rate and are willing to find or work up some separate and secure means of resetting the ride height for less 'drop' than those springs normally provide, you just might get close enough to custom-wound springs in terms of function.

Norm
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote