View Single Post
Old 10-26-2009, 09:22 PM   #1
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Those with LT's, RESET your check engine light!

I have the Stainless works long tubes, high flow cats, 3" pipes, and currently have the 2 1/2" mufflers installed on my LS3.

I got my check engine light once I got back from Carlisle, PA after an 1,800 mile trip and after having the car for 6 days. The check engine light was nothing, really....just a small dim light that stayed lit on my dash...which I though would be there forever.:(

I figured nothing could be done.

Well, I ended up getting into a conversation with a retired GM employee and after a few drinks, the whole topic of the fuse pull, batter disconnect, etc came up and I mentioned that I had the SES light (check engine light). I was told that the cars computer eventually learns the new pipes and would probably adapt to the new long tubes and freer flowing air.

We reset my light and the O2 code disappeared. I was told to keep an eye on it and if it didn't come back on after 50 starts, I should be fine. Well, that was about 3 weeks ago and I've had well over 50 starts. Guess what? NO MORE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT!!!

So, for all of you worried about LT's and SES lights.....

(this is my experience....I don't know if all results would be the same..... But you NEVER know)
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote