View Single Post
Old 02-16-2009, 10:13 PM   #22
Speed
fquick.com/speed

Drives: 97 Z28
Edit: 4/12/2010

I had a problem with the account the photos were on. I apologize for those that had been looking. I will have to take some more but heres all I could find at the moment. Its been over a year now It would seem, and they are doing great. Peace.

Ok...here ya go. 1st off let me just start off by saying I am not a professional mechanic nor am I saying that this is better then anybody else's way, its just the way I did it.

I chose to bolt to the header instead of putting screws in my bumper, I used the center hole and used nuts that have a lock washer built on to them, Finding black bolts wasn't easy

Again, even though I'm a solider kind of person and I really do not like these quick connects, I didn't like the idea of cutting off my plugs, so i jumped the high and low hots.

I ran the grounds together for high/low beams and for the leds and just bilted them to the frame.

As far as the interior led wiring, I already had a switch inside the car that runs some leds in the interior and I just ran to that switch. If you have not made a place to run wires into your Camaro, an easy way is to remove the computer (two 10mm bolts I believe) pull the rubber grommet out of the fire wall, take off the tape on the end, snake a new wire through (maybe use a hanger if needed) and pull the wire through from under the dash, tape back up and put the grommet back in. I was a little hesitant the 1st time i did this also but it was really quite simple. I'm sure everyone has there on ways and who knows which is best, this is just mine. Thanks for the interest and good luck.

Last edited by Speed; 04-12-2010 at 05:35 PM. Reason: photos gone.
Speed is offline   Reply With Quote