View Single Post
Old 01-10-2019, 09:16 PM   #108
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Powermaster...MTY:rk:42:pf:0

UPDATE: I can recommend this starter; it stopped my hot start problem!!!!
Car starts like stock sound its just awesome to hear it not falter…

The deal; I replaced stock starter with another and wrapped it, always figured it most likely held heat in also and it did..... Now, I have a higher torque starter about the same size as the stock mini starter...… It definitely cranks stronger and starts faster and does not throw codes, tested on hot and cold so far for a while.

The deal its about the price of stock starter, you have to clock the powermaster to the left to avoid a sensor on the left side of the engine with a torx bit, you have to loose the stock heat shield which sucks anyway, but also the plastic surround of the stock starter which plugs a space in the bell housing but its not that big and allows checking the shimming of the starter with a simple paper clip even in the detailed directions.

I had to have the ignition wires end which terminal plugs in to the starter changed to a round eyelet to connect and bend the end of the battery cable to the starter straight rather than L shaped, but that's it.... shimmed right, ( it comes with shims both to advance the mounting block if needed and to lower it if needed and new bolts, and I think its the Bees Knees...…….), It kicks arse over my old stock starters. I do know when the headers cooled down to touch the damn blanket on my stock starter was still hot and did help trap heat as I suspected.

And so there you go, Good Luck! I also occasionally got slow starts not hot, and cold ….. now its about having the torque to help out with my tougher springs in the engine and the increased cubes along with the header heat; and not have to be embarrassed to have to let it cool down or unplug the battery to clear the codes thrown after limping home in a semi limp mode if I absolutely had to go.