View Single Post
Old 04-02-2007, 10:21 AM   #27
CBR9Seadoo

Drives: 02 Millenium Yellow Vette Conv
Send a message via AIM to CBR9Seadoo
Hey guys....

Yea, this was an awsome find. I just about pissed my pants when they opened the door and I saw it.

I am currently helping a friend of my restore his '72 Chevelle SS and after that I found a nice '67 Mustang for a really good deal, that I am going to restore to get even more hands on experience before I tackle this '69.

My plan is to restore it to it complete original specs. I think that is the only right thing to do with the Beauty ? I am sure Year One and a couple of other places will love me.

I just bought a new house that just happen to come with a 30x40 Shop with 12' ceilings for my car projects. I am in the process of getting this set-up to begin the tear down of my mustang.

As for the Stripes.. I just read the same info (http://www.camaros.org/exterior.shtml)
Q: What is the correct trunk lid striping for a Z-28 with a spoiler?

A: If the spoiler was installed at the factory:

The paint stripes go over the spoiler, and end at the bottom of the spoiler (and therefore not on the back lip of the trunk lid)
The Camaro trunk lid emblem was moved forward, up the trunk lid, from station 125.00 to station 121.73, a distance of 3.27 inches, and the Z stripe was masked (1967-68 only) around the emblem.
If the spoiler was installed by the dealer:
The stripes were painted on the trunk lid at the factory and thus, without a spoiler, run all the way through to the lip of the lid. The dealer installed spoiler was attached over the factory stripes and then the dealer painted the spoiler to match.
The dealer did not relocate the Camaro emblem.

Knowledge is the best investment!!!!!

1969 z/28 RS in Hugger Orange w/Black Stipes and Orange Houndstooth

1966 Mustang Fastback c-code 289

1988 IROC all original 34k mi

2002 Millenium Yellow Corvette Convertible - sold
1967 Mustang Coupe w/289 - sold
CBR9Seadoo is offline   Reply With Quote