View Single Post
Old 07-20-2018, 10:06 AM   #23
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarlos55 View Post
I had plenty of fun over the weekend but only got 1 run in Friday morning. before they closed the test n tune lanes. I'm not interested in competing since my ability to cut a light isn't what it used to be. I do still enjoy just running the car though.

In previous years, people complained there weren't enough classes to make for good competition. The mods listened and created more classes to make things more even. More classes means more time so I kinda understand the problem.

I don't think running indexes really helps though. If my car runs consistent 11.9s and someone detunes their 10 second car to run low 11s, we run heads up and I have no chance again unless the other driver screws up.

I would like to see at least 1 lane for grudge/test n tune stay open. Got a callout, bring both cars to the lane together. Just want to make a pass you can do that too.

In any case the weekend was a blast and I will be back next year to do it all again.
I wasn't there so i can't speak for time alottment but organization seems to be the main issue creating problems. I experienced this at Fest 7 last year maybe we need a small group to help the track figure out who is there and who is not. I get finals and qualifying are a chunk but some better organizing and some competent volunteers to help would go a long way towards maximizing runs and keeping things moving. They have plenty of lanes and plenty of room in staging to leave some lanes open for test and tune until finals on the last day they just need the help i think. Having them radio the announcer or communicate with the trackside worker at the staging lane could help speed it up.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote