View Single Post
Old 09-20-2018, 10:38 PM   #66
mariojmoe
Account Suspended

Drives: C7 Z06 manual, 18 Zl1 manual, etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by torqueaddict View Post
That's your opinion. Off the line and for everyday driving on the street, the Camaro SS is the quicker car 9/10 times. Even in the quarter it's pretty much a wash.

My point was, the Camaro is worth the extra. And BTW, you can get a Camaro SS for 30-35k. I paid around 35k for mine. So it's not like you're breaking the bank for the extras that come with the base SS. Having extra cooling, a better transmission and a more reliable motor is more than worth it. If that's too much for the 'poor' man then he's certainly biting more than he can chew.

I've said it many times here. Bolting on a Supercharger or Turbo to ANY car and calling it a day to save money is doing it WRONG.
We will have to agree to disagree, because the 2018 A10 5.0 1/4 mile and mexico racing is faster than a stock ss. I also don't see the harm in bolting up a blower to a car for savings? there is a reason it's a popular route. If I had a base 2016+ ss I'd toss on a used lt4 blower and not turn up the boost too much and enjoy it. If I had a base 5.0 I'd toss on a roush and call it a day. To me (imho) for a budget go fast build it's pretty harmless. As for motor the coyote is just as reliable as an Lt, I think the Ls's are a bit more trustworthy on the other hand.
mariojmoe is offline   Reply With Quote