Thread: Flooded Car
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 02:11 PM   #61
strych9
I'll be back...

Drives: Subaru, HD Road Glide Special
This whole situation sucks, but gawd damn is there a ton of misinformation in this thread, and it's the same misinformation that abounds in these forums. Let me clarify a few things here:

1. A dealership is a private business. The owners enter into a franchise agreement to sell cars, parts, and service for a particular make. The the corporate "franchiser" has no direct authority over a dealership's business practices.
2. If the dealer promised you that they would put the car indoors during a storm, then they made a verbal commitment to you. Pursue it.
3. Every dealer has a disclaimer: "Not responsible for..." covers just about anything bad that could happen. Theft, damage, whatever, the dealer accepts no responsibility for it.
4. File a claim with your insurance company. This can be fixed, and that's what you pay them for. Maybe your dealer would be willing to step up and help you with your deductible.

I have to laugh at the, "demand a new car" comments. I can't say I disagree, but my extensive dealership background and the realist in me knows that it's rarely going to happen. And in this case, it would have to be proven that a warrantable defect caused these issues. Sucks, but these are facts.