View Single Post
Old 10-03-2013, 08:29 AM   #32
NoItsOnlyAV6_ButItRocks

Drives: 2010 2LT RS M6 IOM FlwMstr
Thanks all for your support on this. I am hopeful to get a private message from customer service today. I will let you all know when I do.

Things I am wondering about.

1) What if the receipt had said "1 Quart down" versus "no oil on the dip stick"?

2) Jiffy Lube did not measure how much oil came out of the engine. No oil on the dip stick means that it was only known to be missing up to a quart.

3) I had measured the oil that same morning when the engine was cold and it indicated full. Did Jiffy Lube (per the instruction manual) "...wait several minutes to let the oil drain back into the oil pan. If this is not done, the oil dipstick might not show the actual level. I suppose when I had measured the oil as full at home I should have put in another quart for good measure and overfilled it so that Jiffy Lube would have not written that. (Sarcasm)

4) The Jiffy Lube receipt indicated sludge in the oil. That is subjective. Anytime I change oil on any of my cars, the oil is not looking pretty and all of it looks like sludge. Did Jiffy Lube see a chunk of sludge, all sludge, partial sludge. No one knows.

5) The dealership has a separate quick lube to change oil in under 30 minutes with some fantastic hours. I only just found out when I first had my car towed there. I have been excited about using that in the future since it would help document my engine oil change intervals well and it is at a Chevy dealership. But I have to wonder, had I brought it to them, how would the notations appeared on the receipt? Would they have raised the alarm then and scared me into getting my engine checked top to bottom right then or there or risk loosing my entire warranty. Nope. It was purring perfectly at that time and did not have a single abnormal sound to it.
NoItsOnlyAV6_ButItRocks is offline   Reply With Quote