Old 07-08-2009, 10:22 AM   #7
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber_Gray_Autobot View Post
Hello Camaro Fans,

I just ordered a 2LT RS package (Cyber Gray) a few days ago and plan on driving the car all year round. Any ideas about rims/tires for the winter?

My understanding is that the bolt pattern for the rim is 5x120. I am not too sure about the offset though, but think it may be over 20. I emailed GM and they would not give me any of the information related to the rims.

I was thinking of going to a 18 inch rim with a tire that is 225 60 18 for winter driving. This size of tire would match the overall diameter of the performance wheels so that it won't mess up the speedometer/odometer readings. Any idea what width of rims are required (9 inch???)?

If anyone has done some research on this already, please let me know. I was looking for winter tires that match the cars original tires and they seem hard to come by.
for a 225/60 R18 you'd probably want a 7" 1/2 rim. Tires have to bulge out 1 to 2 inches from the rim to the maximum section width. Coincidentally, that tire size is what most of the Chargers, 300's, Magnums, and Challengers use. Finding winter tires in that size shouldn't be much of an issue. Now, if you were trying to find some that fit the stock 20" rims for the RS ... it would probably be cheaper to buy a beater for the winter.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote