View Single Post
Old 06-04-2013, 09:53 PM   #7
ShadowPuppet
REDYRNOT

Drives: "Fawkes" - 2016 GRT 2SS Convertible
Shark Fin Painted

Had to order another can of RJT paint today because the one I have is almost empty from spraying all these bits and pieces lol.

Might I just say that taking out the shark fin is the biggest pain in the ass EVER haha. Took me a good 45 minutes to get the coat hangers out, the retainer clips and actually pull down the headliner... pain in the ass... Not to mention the trim removal tool I bought a few weeks ago sucked and just kept bending instead of actually taking stuff out. So I had to go get a proper set (which worked MUCH better lol) like halfway through the job :P

Anyways, since this is an exterior piece, it's got a lot more paint on it: wet sanded 600 grit, 3 coats adhesion promoter, 3 coats primer, wet sanded 600 grit until smooth, 3 coats primer again, 3 coats colour, 5 coats clear, buffed to shine.

From what I can tell the paint matches the factory paint almost identically but I think it's a bit off because of plastic vs metal parts. Either that or I just overdid it on the clear coats or something xD

Sidenote: Looks really weird with no shark fin on the roof lol. Had to put masking tape over the hole to make sure nothing fell in there :P
Attached Images

ShadowPuppet is offline   Reply With Quote