View Single Post
Old 08-11-2014, 08:39 AM   #75
SubSonic

Drives: 2014 SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHMSC View Post
I think it was Tony's car as well but these cars turn like crap and the best way to turn them is with the throttle. I personally think he saw him and hit the gas to try and move away from him as it shows in the video, unfortunately he hit him.

All in all the kid should have never gotten out of his damn car. That is the stupidest thing anyone can do on a race track unless your car is in a ball of flames.

But who really knows. None of us are experts or professional race car drivers nor were we there to see it with our own eyes. This is a tragic event that should have never taken place but the young dumb kid let anger get the better of him and run around on a race track with a lot of cars at high speed.
I tend to agree. If we take the leap for a moment that is was Tony's car on the throttle, then the situation still makes sense. Steering input is little to none on these cars. The way the cars are set up, throttle will turn you left. So in trying to avoid, throttling to go left, his rear kicked out and hit Ward.

All armchair speculation. I don't think we have more than opinion right now.

Sucks for all parties, especially the one that lost their life, however stupid it may have been. But, I'm sure a lawsuit will brew in the wake.
SubSonic is offline   Reply With Quote