Thread: NCM Thread??
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2018, 11:28 AM   #39
Lafourche1

Drives: 2019 CLA 450 Mercedes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
Thanks for this. May I include it as part of the NCM thread when we post it, and put it on our website/facebook page? We'll have other more specific details, as well. All to come very soon!

EDITS/ADDITIONS:

1) We will be using HOD's tech self-inspection sheet. We reserve the right to overrule a self-inspection if we need to for safety.

2) Brake Fluid: The Owners manual recommends a fluid with a 536º boiling point or higher. But figure on DOT4 minimum requirements or better. Many qualify (I, for example, use ATE 200), but ALL are better than factory-fill DOT3. It can boil on you at the end of a hot session. If it's older (1+ years), it'll boil all the sooner.

3) Helmet Requirements: Snell SA2010 or newer (full face or open face are fine)

4) Shorts and short sleeves will be allowed...it's just too hot that time of the year to enforce long pants and sleeves.

5) CLOSED TOE SHOES...NO BOOTS/"Timberlands", no sandals. I'd rather you drove barefoot!

6) ZL1 1LEs (I hope to see more than just mine and Ofer's on the track!! Manufacturer oil requirements for a track day is Mobil1 15W-50. Take that for what it's worth!

BRING WATER, a CHAIR, and possibly some SHADE.
We'll have water available, but bring your own, too - can never have enough!

We'll also post a few videos folks can watch to familiarize themselves with the track/turns.

Gosh - the more I talk about it, the more I can't WAIT!!!
Please feel free to post / re-post with additions.

Just trying to help out some of the first timers.
Lafourche1 is offline   Reply With Quote