View Single Post
Old 04-16-2016, 08:37 PM   #60
djcolopi

Drives: @orange_maro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Wow,

I'm sorry I haven't looked in here sooner... This car is going to be a beast... No wait, it sounds like it already is with 12 lbs... I'm looking forward to seeing the numbers, from the track...

Quick comment based on what I've seen... With the inter cooler stacked right up to the bumper like mine originally was, have you thought about back cutting the bumper to allow more air flow to a larger surface area... We lost a bunch of IaT' by doing that... We cut the backside the width of the inter cooler, and left the top the full thickness, and the bottom is almost flush to the front surface... Then boxed it back in with the new back piece being angled forward from top to bottom if you follow that... Then we added gusset to fill in the remainder to regain the strength... I might have a couple pics if you're interested...
At the moment the setup is actually making to much boost because I am getting so much air flow; 3" intake piping, 80mm throttle body (stock is 72.5mm) and a 3" free flowing exhaust. At 4800rpms we were recording 20psi and we had to stop as it kept increasing. However, I can look into your suggestion; feel free to post up any pictures and suggestions. Thanks