View Single Post
Old 02-15-2018, 12:39 PM   #6
TheInfamouSS
@LS.ACE

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro 2SS/1LE
Track Day Part 2

So after I had that one pass failure the week before I was determined to go back to the track the following week. My only goal was to not run another 14, and to get at least a decent pass that I was happy with going down the track.

I get there a little late. The line seems pretty long so I just wait at the end of the line after getting tech'd in figuring my car should have enough time to cool off and make a pass. And then the line started moving. I figured I wouldn't have a problem so I decided to proceed and just make a pass anyway when I got up there. It was on that pass that I found out that the clutch pedal can get stuck to the floor if you have dirty fluid, or you try hot lapping it. I left off the line pretty decent, went to go shift into second gear and my clutch pedal got stuck all the way to the floor. I never had this happen to me so I'm sitting there trying to press the pedal for it to come back up while Im cursing at my car at the same time. I then was able to grab a little bit of common sense and decided to pull the clutch pedal up with my foot and then I proceeded the drive of shame to an amazing 17 second finish.

Name:  2nd Pass Every (Clutch Stuck) - 1.jpg
Views: 2426
Size:  130.7 KB

If you can't tell, I am just off to a great start. I pull back into the pits and wanted to just leave my car there and call an uber. Luckily one of my Camaro buddies was there and knew about this problem and was able to reassure me it wasn't anything out of the ordinary and to just give my car time to cool off properly and go back in a half hour and get back in line and see what happens. I can say that after this day I studied this car inside and out from all the different forums and groups to make sure i knew this car like the back of my hand like I did all of the cars I had in the past.

I went back out for runs 2 and 3 and I was able to put down a lot better numbers than I was able to do the first 2 passes I ever made in the car. I ran a 13.39 and then a 13.35, which was a whole second faster than the week before. I felt a lot more comfortable in the car, and it reassured me that all was not lost. This goal was becoming more of a reality. I was determined to make it happen.

Name:  3rd & 4th passes - 1.jpg
Views: 2384
Size:  107.9 KB

Last edited by TheInfamouSS; 02-15-2018 at 01:17 PM.
TheInfamouSS is offline   Reply With Quote