View Single Post
Old 04-18-2012, 07:11 AM   #92
VictorDelDuca

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary Camaro SS 6M
I called yesterday and asked to schedule service for the program bulletin on the Camaro convertible tops... The response was "what are you talking about?"... I then explained what it was and that I had received a notice regarding the issue and then the response was "oh, its not a program"... I said really, I'm looking right at it and the word program is in big bold letters in the first two sentences of the bulletin. Funny thing was a few weeks ago when I had my TBSS in for an oil change I asked the service writer who I was BS'ing with if they had done any work on the Camaro tops or had any issues come through the service department and he asked what for in a puzzled manner. I then explained the known issue to all of us and it was "well most people who have convertibles haven't really put their tops down yet so we haven't really seen any". Funny how it seems no one wants to readily admit there's a problem and say we will take care it.

Anyway, mine goes in next wednesday for the "fixes". Right now I only get some light rub marks above the doors which seems to be a bit worse if I use the tonneau cover. Build date on mine is June or July 2011.