View Single Post
Old 08-30-2009, 09:36 AM   #58
Capstone

Drives: .
I've seen the "real-world" evidence of two crashes here on this forum with Camaro's and based on the fact that both drivers actually lived to talk about them here is enough proof for me that these cars are about as safe as anyone can expect given all we know about the technology of safety combined with the performance and thrill of this car. The Black SS that went into a telephone pole was the clincher...but there was another guy that got T-boned (drivers side) and he walked away...

I think it's rediculous in these times that the industry uses the same scale we rate our Movies with to rate a vehicles safety. There are simply way too many varibles to judge whether one star will make the difference in any given accident.

This is just big-business and the government "talking to the dumbest person in the room" , when the smart people should be given a point system that has more meaning in the real world.

I think The Blur broke it down pretty well too, but I started this rant before reading his post...