View Single Post
Old 08-26-2008, 03:40 PM   #260
HOTCIVIC

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstCamaro View Post
Thanks for the "color" side by side. That does help out as I just have an earlier B/W. Now here is a couple questions for my build list. On waiting list for a SS and looking at possible SS/RS, but still need to understand all my options. I am going to take it the one on the left is the LT/RS and the right is the concept.
First, to get the hood vent that it part of the SS package?
Second, are the bottom halo/fog lights the same? Or, just a shadow issue.
Third, what would it take to get the slits by the rear tire? Just a good custom shop? Any chance of getting it put into the car from the factory?
Fourth, that nose on the concept still looks longer. Maybe its that fender turn signal messing it up.
Finally, I played a game with some co-workers to see what is different and the concept stood out to each even though hard for them to figure out why. A couple comments were that the one on the right (concept) looks like a sports car and the left (production) looked like a coupe. Narrowed that idea down to the height of the car. Amazing a difference one inch can make. Have to hate those safety regulations.
Thank you again for your insights into this new car.
Yes the one on the left is the V6 and the one on the right is the concept.

The slit in the hood comes with the V8 SS package.

Not sure about the halo lights. I believe they are identical but someone else can chime in if they are 100% sure.

Slits by the rear tire won't come from the factory. Custom shop could do it.

Not sure about the hood. It does look a little longer.

As far as the concept looking like a sports car and the production car looking like a coupe, I guarantee that it's because of the stance/wheel size. If you get some coilovers and drop it down a bit, and throw some 21s or 22s like the concept, it will look identical to the concept. The V6 in that picture just sits a bit higher and has smaller wheels (more space in the wheel wells).
HOTCIVIC is offline   Reply With Quote