View Single Post
Old 03-29-2016, 12:58 PM   #13
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSport16 View Post
Bass and treble need to set much higher than mid, otherwise it sounds too dull, no depth to it. Think of it as a curve, bass and treble towards the top on the endsm and mid range in the middle, creates a nice curve, my fader it set 1 in favor of the front, perfect.
The amp has it's own equalizer bias built in so even if your head unit is set to flat, it's not going to be flat at the speakers and to your ears. On top of the pre-processing that the music track itself has been under to make the song sound the way designed. I think bose has balanced the sound pretty good for it's own speakers so I dont feel there is any need to augment it more (at least for the music i've been listening to).

My system sounded completely biased to the front at dead center fade. Can't even hear that I have any speakers except the front in that configuration. Dropping the fade back and kicking volume up fills the cabin in a more fuller sound than only hearing audio from the much smaller front dash speakers.

Not sure what bose has stuffed under the dash but they look to be 4" speakers and while bose can drive tiny speakers plenty loud. I like using the larger rear ones to fill in what the tiny fronts dont seem to provide.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote