View Single Post
Old 06-01-2009, 11:27 PM   #107
2010 SS RS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM Black Polished
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldBowtie View Post
Why do you believe this mod is not for a L99?? I was very happy with Magnaflows on my '06 Monte Carlo SS and sounded great at all speeds including 4cyl mode (could not really hear the transition back and forth). I am about to do this straight pipe mod on my new 2SS auto but would like to hear from anyone who has any exhaust experience on the new L99 Camaro.

My "Plan B" would be to remove straight pipe and add after market mufflers like Magnaflow or Flowmaster. GMPP looks good too, but NOTHING seems to be available NOW. I LOVE the car but it definitely needs some added "attitude" in the exhaust area!

I would welcome opinion from those with some experience in this area. Thanks all.
You know to be honest, I was told this by Scott Settlemire back in April. We were talking about this very subject and he shared with me the issues that GM had with the l99 and its sound when running in 4 cyl mode. I personally have not heard one but would have no reason to believe otherwise.
418 Stroker, 621RWHP 648 lbs TORQUE Built by Laramie GM Auto Center Tuned by Nick at Mac Autosport. EForce SC, 2 3/4pulley,LPE dual fuel pump, JRE Twin fuel rail upgrade, posi clutch kit, RX oilcatch can and breather, Callies Compstar crankshaft and rods, Racing bearings, CP -13.8 race pistons, steel rings, Comp Cams X6 blower cam, Springs, HD timing chain and tensioner, Doug Thorley Tri Y LT headers, 89.7lb injectors, RPM rollbar, DSS1400 shafts, Simpson 5 pt harness, BMR Toe rods and trailing arms, led lights, RPM input and output shafts
2010 SS RS is offline   Reply With Quote