View Single Post
Old 11-16-2010, 06:37 PM   #2
SSFury
My Road Rage is Legendary

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS "Fury"
Trying to help you, but not sure exactly.. what the question is. Looking for deals? Are you military? They get a discout. (Muahaha, I'll take mine, Thank You very much!) USAA member? They get one. (I'll take that too!!) What are you driving now? sometimes if your trading in a Chevy for a Chevy they have "Loyalty" discounts. If you have a "Ford" they might have a discount for that.. (they are trying to steal business from Ford, so.. they give you a discount for trading from Ford to Chevy)

The RS package gets you color matched roof ditches, if you dont go RS, they will be black. White car, orange car, green car.. (etc..) with black window seals. If that isnt an issue, cool. It also adds the RS "Halo" lights.. which to me at least, is part of what MAKES a Camaro. I couldnt go Camaro without RS, but thats me. If your mechanically inclined, you could buy the lights aftermarket and install them yourself.. but from my understanding, the wiring harnesses are wired differently, if you dont go RS, and install your own lights, they will function differently than someone who got RS.

If you go the Auto-tranny route, you wont have the added 300 something bucks for the hurst short throw.. thats a small money saver. If money is tight altogethor.. you dont have to HAVE the short throw.. but its a cool addition if you want it.

One way (work included) is most of the "SS Accessories" are available through GM.. you could go the LT route, BUY the accesories yourself, then instal them yourself, would save money, but means much more work to a brand new car.

A little to think about. Was that a help? If not.. I tried. Good luck in your search. I have an estimated delivery date of the 24th for my own 2SS, so.. I'll race ya.
~ Fury
SSFury is offline   Reply With Quote