View Single Post
Old 01-18-2011, 11:33 PM   #38
RLHMARINES
1st Civ. Div.

Drives: Camaroless for now...RIP "Big SexZ"
I have been bouncing back and forth on the proposed name but I will say again, I will buy what ever this top dog Camaro is as long as it's not in the CTS-V price range. I have been waiting for the Z/28 because I thought it would be the top model, if it's not, I'll buy whatever is the top model.

I think that GM has a lot in store for us because while we are all interested in the Z/28, we have totally forgotten about the proposed twin turbo six that will eventually come out to do battle with fords ecoboost v6 that will eventually find it's way to the mustang. It may or may not happen on this 5th Gen. platform. The new 5th Gen. v8 engines will also be out soon, and I think they will debut in the 5 Gen. Camaro and then be a carryover to the 6th Gen. Camaro especially if they come out in 2015 or later.

I think we have already seen the preview of the track pack Camaro (Z/28) to battle the boss 302 in the SSX (minus the wing and roll bars of course) that Chevy showed @ SEMA. The parts are there for such an animal, cammed 6.2 v8 with suspension upgrade with a little weight reduction. If GM does not want to use coil overs on the production car then the suspension work that GM has been doing with the hyper Camaro can be used on a lesser model without the engine and become the new track pack (Z/28) easily plus a little engine tweaking on the LS3 to better to compete with the boss and the 392 hemi. As for the GT500 Cobra, the proposed "HP" edition Camaro will no doubt be the answer from what we have been seeing so for.

Again, this is ONLY my speculation on the future and nothing else. GM has only about a 6-8 year window to get these high horsepower cars on the street before regulations make it harder to produce and they become very limited models which will depend on high economy car sales to make these viable in the future.