View Single Post
Old 01-19-2015, 02:27 PM   #20
Taco Time

Drives: 2014 1SS

1st Read this thread... All of it. (The guide: 5th Gen Camaro Modifications)
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=290887

Then just browse around this section and read and read and read. You'll answer a lot of your questions and learn a ton. Reach out to vendors on here; they're all knowledgeable and happy to help you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDP Tyler View Post
Looks fine to me, but you may want to add a clamp to that line.

I'd look in the VMAX ported throttle bodies and an elite Engineering catch can as your next mods. Feel free to call, PM or email me if you have any questions.

Congrats on the SS and welcome to the site!

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
2nd ^^ listen to this man. Catch Can, and ported TB. Get them both.
(neither will hurt your warranty.)
Apex, or Elite catch cans. Vmax or Bo White TB.
Quote:
Originally Posted by solizaaron18 View Post
Hello all. I am new to this website and thought I create an account last night so if I were to ever have any questions I could ask you all. I am 23 and I just bought my 14 SS about 8 months ago and I love it. Recently, I installed a K&N CAI on there and I love it so far. The only question I have on this subject is the crank case hose it came with the CAI. I want to make sure this is correct. The instructions say on the 2014 and later camaros you have to cut the original crank case vent hose and connect the one you got with the CAI to the trimmed part of the original. Is this correct? One more question as well... What mods can I purchase to were it won't mess with my warranty? Thank you for your help.
3rd once you've been reading a lot and have an idea the direction you'd like to take your car, then start planning what mods you want. A little planning on the front end can save you money two ways: 1. if you do mods together instead of separately you could save in labor and tuning costs. 2. it could potentially keep you from having to re-do some mods if you decide to take your car in a different direction.

There are a lot of us in the Houston area that will happily share our knowledge and help you decide what you're looking for. We also have some top notch vendors/ shops. If you look at my sig, that'll get you close to your HP goals. Just know, that if you plan on doing mods, be prepared to void your warranty.

oh and 4th, when you're ready for some black ZL1 wheels to make your white on black car look even better, PM me and I'll make you a killer deal on an almost brand new set.
Taco Time is offline   Reply With Quote