View Single Post
Old 06-22-2009, 12:19 PM   #13
theshadow1234

Drives: Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
Sigh* here we go again. Ok..here are some facts.

1: Racing on the street is not like racing on a track. Pavement compared to a race prep track are entirely to different animals.

2: Drivers make a HUGE difference. You just happen to be the better driver.

3:The Camaro has 111~113 more HP than a GT stock. YOU SHOULD BE FASTER. When the new 5.0 Engine arrive, then you will have a better base comparison. Even so, a good driver may beat out a poor driver simply because the 1/4 difference is not that huge between the 2 cars.

4. Comparing a GT500 to a SS is dumb. Period. Same as comparing a GT500 to Vette...Its dumb. The Vette is in its own class, SPORTS CAR, not MUSCLE CAR. The GT500 is a F/I induction from factory and a step above a regular GT or Camaro. As far as mods such, If you want to go that route, the same argument could be made with a GT getting a few mods and being faster than a Camaro for a cheaper price. The argument becomes endless at that point.

No matter how you slice it, the Mustang is still a very good performer and just a step behind a camaro. After the absence of the camaro, I would hope it would come back better than its past cars. Now not everyone agrees with how this car is, and how it will pan out in the long run....(mags, and other sources...not fan forums btw) but hopefully things will be fine.

In the end its great to have all the cars from the big three back on the road and choose what you want to drive. Again mods, drivers, ect it makes the difference. I have seen vids of stock stangs beating a camaro to. I have seen a little SRT4 keep up with a vette. It is all about the drivers. When cars are close in performance that is what it comes down to. So yes, please put it to rest. You chose your car and you love it. Hurray for winning a street race. There will be times as well when you lose a race. So just enjoy what you have and call it a day.
This is the best post that i've read since all these GT Vs Camaro threads began.

Nice.

09 Shelby GT500
(Stock)