View Single Post
Old 01-01-2010, 03:42 AM   #22
P. Ham

Drives: IOM 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
I've been looking for a good way to black out the taillights. I love yours. Next time you talk to your dealer, could you confirm the paint they used? I really didn't realize that painting the taillights was an option. I don't like the vinyl or the acryslic "stick on" velcro kind either. I don't think they'd last. Someone told me the acrylic ones allow moisture behind and get nasty. I have been looking for a solution like yours but I don't want to mess it up.
I was surprised when they told me they used paint as well. Just keep in mind it's a permanent option. Someone said it may not pass inspection if too dark. I hope I don't run into any issues later. I plan on ordering a spoiler soon and will probably have it shipped directly to the dealer for paint and to save me a trip (an hour drive there). I will try to confirm the paint they used for the lights when I set that up. Do you know when you'll be getting your car? Will you have your car painted by the dealer or somewhere else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAM MAN View Post
Was it hard to install your sequeltail lights? Thank's
It was painfully easy. It's literally just unplug and replug. Just follow the short instructions and make sure to hook up the correct bulbs (the outer bulbs). I made the mistake of doing the inner bulbs and it makes them sequence backwards. No biggie. If I can do it, trust me, you can do it.

It's not polite to stare.
P. Ham is offline   Reply With Quote