Thread: Strange Rattle
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2017, 09:50 PM   #1
Gunmetal Speedster

Drives: Savitar; The 500rwhp N/A Monster!
Strange Rattle

Hey guys. So I recently had transmission work done (very long and annoying story so I wont get into it) but it required changing to a new transmission. Transmission seems to work fine, however, now when driving and idling I have this sort of, "rattle".

There are two different sounds that I'm hearing, at different times as well. Under acceleration and coasting at low speeds in neutral and in gear, I hear this deep rattling noise. When the car is stationary just idling the noise is there as well. It's not constant rattle, but it stops for a second and returns then stops and starts again. If I rev the car, after the revs die down it has a higher pitched rattle for a second and that goes away.

I know what I'm describing is very vague and not very descriptive, but that's all I can think of how to describe it. I'd post a video but it's very deep and I don't think it would be audible. Also, maybe I'm crazy, but it feels like I can "feel" my exhaust in my gas pedal more than I used to. I'm longtubes, cat deletes, and SW retro all the way back.

I believe you have to move part of the exhaust in order to drop the transmission right? I'm thinking maybe something is loose (even though I've pushed on it and it doesn't move) or maybe it's the heat shield? I don't know. If you guys have any questions or suggestions I'm all ears haha. I need to get under the car and start seeing if anything is loose I suppose
*SOLD*504HP/433TQ | Night Fury cammed • Cold Air Inductions intake • Bo White ported TB • Speed Engineering 1 7/8 longtubes • NPP catback • QTP low profile cutouts • Powerbond 25% UDP • 3.73 gears • JRE scoop • ZL1 grille • R1 Concepts drilled/slotted rotors • built/tuned by Weapon X Motorsports
Gunmetal Speedster is offline   Reply With Quote