View Single Post
Old 11-20-2013, 07:54 PM   #956
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Okay, some good and some bad news. I'll start with the good news.

Rhino got the transmission back in last night and we did some pulls on the street this morning to check it out. It felt good and it looked like he was getting the higher pressure he wanted. Temps were staying with in normal range.

So we packed up and drove to the track and met up with the ZR1, two supercharged SSs, a 5.0 and Bobby Shahan and one of his beast Gen 1s.

Rhino logged the first couple of pulls and fixed an issue with the 1-2 shift. The car was trapping a couple of MPH below what we were expecting and way higher ETs than we thought. Our old friend the throttle position wasn't solved after all.

Horrible 60's and just felt dead up to about 35-40 MPH. The it would take off like a rocket. After a few more pulls and another tweak to the shifting Bobby suggested we just skip the burnout and not even clean the slicks off. The idea being that the reason we aren't seeing this the street is we are spinning so bad the car thinks it is going that fast. So, Rhino hopped in to log and we pulled the first sub 1.8 60' ever in this car and trapped 117 MPH for the 1000 ft.

That run was launching at 1800 RPM and Bobby suggested we just launch from idle to give it a better chance to spin up. 60' dropped to 2.0x.

After all that we had run out of time so I made one more pull and got the same result. I'm trapping within a couple of MPH as the two SSs, but they are running about .4 faster.

Long story short, still more work do. It's trapping about where I think it should and it pulls real well on the big end. We just have to sort out the launch. I'm out of ideas right now, but not giving up.