View Single Post
Old 11-06-2010, 09:38 PM   #1
ga0358

Drives: 2010 ABM LS
Fog Light Install on my LS!

Finished my fog light install on my LS today...A bit of a pain,but well worth it, my night time field of vision is almost doubled!
ANYWAY, here's a few lessons learned:

1). Yep, the front bumper/fascia HAS to be removed, but you don't HAVE to take off the tires, although it makes things MUCH easier

2). Make sure to order the bezels ($15.00) unless you want to cut the existing bezels.

2). Be CAREFUL with the side panel lights. There's a gray clip that you have to unlock before the light panel slides out. I snapped a piece on the mount, but re-secured it with the screw

3). Since the LS comes without a fog light switch, the harness from GM parts will not work as is, I had to splice the fog light wires into the side panel marker lights, which is fine, just match up the hot and ground wires to the corresponding wires on the harness.

SO when the DRLs are on, the fogs are OFF, when the sun sets, the fogs and sides light up-Also you can manually activate them via the parking light position, which is what I wanted to do anyway..

All in all, not a bad Saturday project,it took me about 3 hours, most of that locating screws and fender snaps. Special THANKS to GM Parts direct and Jay Griffin for getting everything to me so fast and answering my questions!! IT LOOKS GREAT!!!!!
ga0358 is offline   Reply With Quote