View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011, 06:14 PM   #20
Agent WD-40

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyComeLately View Post
Yeah, I am a bit ashamed to say I did just lay it in there. The insulation and its connection to the door panel were (are so far) strong enough to keep it in place. I also have not had any rattles. If I were to re-do it in the future for any reason (e.g. I see the insulation starting to give, I hear rattles, etc), the way I would attach it is industrial velcro. I've held 10 pound electronics in place inside electrical panels, garage door opener on my sportbike, and a ton of other stuff that is rock solid with that stuff. You can go to Home Depot and get it in the hardware department. The panel is flat, so I'd probably stick a 3" wide, but 4" long piece on the door, and then on the bottom, obviously, of the crossover.

I just left the factory wire for the tweeter in place. It seemed to be just fine and not too practical to remove. I attached it to the other wiring nearby to reduce any liklihood of hearing it rattle, or having it possibly migrate to an undesired location. I used a wire tie to secure it.

The wiring itself, I snipped the wire coming into the mid-driver, soldered some 16/2 wire onto it. Ran that over to the crossover. Then, ran 16/2 back through the door (using the channel already there on the inside of the door panel) up to the tweeter pod. The other 16/2 runs back into the door (taped to the input 16/2) for connection to the Hertz mid-driver.
Thanks for the tip on the Industrial Velcro. I grabbed some at Home Depot and it definitely did the trick. Thanks for the tip on how to mount the tweeters in the stock tweeter pod. That also worked out very well!
Stainless Works 1 7/8" Long Tube Headers
Corsa Exhaust
Agent WD-40 is offline   Reply With Quote