View Single Post
Old 06-28-2011, 08:10 PM   #1
ORANGA2D

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS M6
Dealer messed up my painted rims, now what…

So I went to the dealer today to get my oil changed. I told them don’t wash my car as I have Plasti dipped my rims and I have my custom flame spears. I only wash my car, and that ensures things don’t get messed up and I need to redo it. Well they forgot and the service guy gave my keys to the porter and had my car washed. They messed up my paint on my rims with chemicals and by scrubbing. They also pulled the edges up on my vinyl flame spears when either washing or drying it. Long story short they apologized and wanted to make good, they cut me a check for my trouble.

I come now to the question. Should I powder coat my rims or buy the Replica Black rims.

If I buy the Replica matte black rims from Discount or like tire company the car is done that day (whenever the rims come in) and I am off. Obviously it’s more money to buy the rims, but overall might be better for me time wise. But I have no idea about the Replica rims, if they are good, bad or other.
http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/wheels/replica_wheel/vehicle/viewProductDetail.do?v=018645%7C2011&pc=67439

Or

Powder coating is cheaper but I need to remove the rims from the car, then get the tire removed from the rim and then take it to be powder coated. In addition to having the car on jack stands until it’s done. And the big issue is being without the car.

What I really want is not to be without my car for longer than a couple of days, and not have my car on jack stands for those days.

Are there any local powder coating places that can remove the tire from the rim and have loaners till the painting is done?

Thoughts or ideas appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited by ORANGA2D; 06-28-2011 at 08:25 PM.
ORANGA2D is offline   Reply With Quote